Online Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Cbt) In India
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Cbt)
“THERE ARE THREE MUSTS THAT HOLD US BACK: I MUST DO WELL. YOU MUST TREAT ME WELL. AND THE WORLD MUST BE EASY.”
Online Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is a combination of cognitive and behaviorist approaches. Cognitions are the beliefs, thoughts, and all the internal images that a person has about his life events.
In cognitive-behavioral therapy, the therapists work on changing the negative, irrational, and depressogenic thoughts to the positive, rational, and non-depressogenic ones with the help of techniques adopted from the behaviorist approach.
This therapy works on the principle that thoughts can influence behavior and behavioral changes can bring new thoughts within the person.
This therapy focuses on mental processes and their influences on mental health and behavior. Individuals thinking largely determine how individuals feel and behave.
In Online cognitive-behavioral therapy, the psychologist changes the thought patterns which are conflicting and have a negative pattern to remove the unwanted behavior and aware the client about his thought patterns so that he or she can convert his thoughts into more positive and logical ones to shape new desirable behavior.
Basics Of Cbt
Cbt Can Help With:
Types Of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (Cbt)
Mainly we focus on three types of cognitive-behavioral therapy they are:
(1) Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT): This therapy assumes that people are “inherently rational and irrational, sensible and crazy. irrational beliefs develop feelings of discomfort within a person and may fill him with upsetting and disturbing thoughts. When people recognize their thought patterns and successfully change their irrational beliefs into rational ones then they can develop desirable behavior after removing the undesirable ones. Living life with logic and rationality can overcome a person from his all sufferings.
(2) Reality therapy (RT): This therapy focuses on human consciousness and believes that human beings function on a conscious level and want to be driven by health/growth force. In this therapy, therapists help clients become rational, and psychologically strong and they have choices in terms of how they treat themselves and others.
(3) Cognitive therapy (CT): This therapy assumes that dysfunctional behavior is a result of dysfunctional thinking, so if a therapist wants to improve a person’s behavior then he must first work on his underlying problematic thoughts for changing them into positive ones. I thought will change behavior will change also.
Benefits Of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Cbt)
Process of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) : How CBT Works
Numerous techniques can be used in CBT psychotherapy depending upon the type of approach and client’s problems. Few popular techniques are:
(1) cognitive disputation: This technique involves the use of direct questions, logical reasoning, and persuasion.
(2) Imaginal disputation: It uses the client’s skill of imagination and employs a technique of rational Emotive imagery.
(3) Behavioural disputation: Using the techniques of role play, completing assignments that are opposite to the current usual behavior of the client to develop desirable behavior.
(4) Bibliography: In this client read self-help books.
(5) Improving communication skills
(6) Increase the use of the positive self-statement
(7) Self-monitoring of negative thoughts and behavior
(8) Challenging the way individual process information
(10) Employing humor
(11) Formulating specific plans
If you are experiencing similar problems please contact us
Call Us 24/7
Techniques Used In Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Cbt)