In today’s stressful life most of people find sometimes it difficult to sleep but if it persists more then you shouldn’t ignore it. Sleep disturbance is the state where you may find difficulty in sleep at night. Sleep disturbance also can affect differently to different people. Some may find it difficult to fall asleep, some may get up in between also some of having slept with lots of dreams, so once they get up they may feel that they haven’t slept.
Sleep disturbance has lots of reasons-
- Insomnia, in this situation a person is not able to sleep.
- Sleep Apnea – this is a condition where a person finds difficulty in breathing. This may cause a person to get up at night. This is considered a serious medical emergency.
- Parasomnias – This has also come under the sleep disorder where abnormal behavior or movement can be noticed during sleeping such as Walking in the sleep, taking in sleep, nightmares, bedwetting, etc.
- Preoccupied with work or thoughts may affect your sleeping pattern.
- Mood fluctuation.
- Mental disturbance/ disorder
- Change of routine or change of place also may affect some people.
If you are feeling that you are having difficulty in sleeping then first try to understand your sleep pattern. Try to find out the cause for your disturbance.
Tips to sleep better when I have stressed and anxiety?
- Meditation or some relaxation technique may help in better sleep.
- Reduce the time for day napping.
- Try to not carry the work burden from your work to home.
- Spend recreational time with family.
- If you are interested make a habit to read some book or write as per your interest.
- Listen to good music.
- Have a bath before going to bed may relax your mind and body.
- Avoid tea and coffee after the evening.
- Any kind of drug or alcohol which stimulates your brain you should avoid, it may make you more alert.
- Fix your sleeping time.
- You can reduce your water intake before bedtime.
- After trying from your side still, you feel you are unable to sleep then you can seek advice from professionals.
Any small or big change in mind or body may affect your sleep pattern but if the duration of disturbance continues for long you need to focus on it. With the help of medication or sometimes with counseling you can help yourself or your loved one to come out from it.
You May Also Like
Psychological Effects of Chronic pain? How CBT help to manage it?
Psychological Tips to avoid laziness while studying
What Is Anticipatory Anxiety? How can I stop worrying about the future?
Meet Our Experts
We bring Emotional and Mental Wellness not only more accessible, but also more affordable and accountable to your needs.